- We repair almost all domestic appliances, such as washing machines, dishwashers, fridge freezers and range cookers on site in your property.
- We have a team of engineers out at any one time, we are not a one-man band operation. As well as normal office hours, our engineers cover late appointments Monday to Thursday and we also have engineers out on most Saturdays to accomodate your busy schedule.
- While most of our repairs are around the Edinburgh area, we can cover a much wider area across Scotland although not all areas are visited each day.
Why not use a "one-man band"?
On a regular basis we speak to letting agents and also personal customers that have been let down by their current domestic repair company and are looking to switch to us. Too many letting agents currently use a "one-man band" operation where only a single person is out doing jobs, however there are multiple reasons this solution does not work out:
- What happens when that person goes on holiday? Are your tenants and landlords going to accept weeks of broken appliances without anyone to fix them? If a single person is out doing jobs every day of the year, they are very quickly going to burn out and end up in hospital so you need to factor in holidays where this person cannot do jobs. Also, if they start a job before they go on holiday, what happens if a part is required and it doesn't arrive in time? Your tenant needs to wait for weeks for the engineer to return from holiday just for that to be fitted. In normal circumstances, we only close on bank holidays meaning you always have cover when you need it.
- What happens if that person is ill or is in an accident? This is a situation you can't plan for as the first you hear of it is likely when you get a call from a tenant because the person hasn't turned up or the engineer calls you the morning of the appointment to say they don't know how long they will be off work for. A tenant doesn't care that people get ill, they still need their appliance fixed and calling another company at such short notice is unlikely to get you an immediate appointment, resulting in an unhappy tenant with a broken appliance.
- Can a single person really have the knowledge and experience to tackle and complete most jobs on-site? We have engineers who are trained and specialise in handling gas appliances, refrigeration, cookers, dishwashers, washing machines, tumble dryers and more. A "one-man band" engineer can know things about each area, but they can't be an expert in everything so they are more likely to hit problems resulting in not being able to fix the issue. Our experience shows a network of engineers who have others on hand to consult with in the event of a difficult to solve problem can result in much higher first time repairs and very often results in much less expensive repairs. Even something as simple as needing a lift with a heavy appliance is much easier when you have others on hand to assist as needed. A first time, cheaper repair results in happier tenants and landlords.
What appliances do we repair?
- Washing Machines
- Range Cookers
- Cooker Hoods
- Combined Fridge Freezers
- Storage Heaters
- & much more
What areas do we cover?
Our appliance team service the whole of the Edinburgh area, however give us a call if you are outwith this area as we can often accommodate jobs in other areas. Please note that we do not visit areas outwith Edinburgh on a daily basis so it may take a few days for us to arrive with you.
& many more
Give us a call today on 0131 332 8349 to arrange a repair!